Cross-References Between The Bible And The Urantia Book
Note: References following Bible verses (KJV) provide links to Paper:Section.Paragraph of related material in The Urantia Book.
C = "Compare" — One book relates matter which, although not the same as the other, is significant to reinforce, modify, or contradict the other.
R = "Refer" — One book quotes from, or refers to an incident contained in the other.
S = "Same" — Both books recite the same incident.
- The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see.
- O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto
thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!
- Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling
and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.
- Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the
wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth.
- Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I
will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told
- For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which
shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces
that are not their's.
- They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall
proceed of themselves.
- Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than
the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their
horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to
- They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east
wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.
- And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a scorn unto
them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall heap dust, and take
- Then shall his mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, imputing
this his power unto his god.
- Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not
die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou
hast established them for correction.
- Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity:
wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy
tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
- And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have
no ruler over them?
- They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net,
and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.
- Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag;
because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.
- Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay
Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither
keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot
be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all
- I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to
see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
- And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain
upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
- For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak,
and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it
will not tarry.
- Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just
shall live by his faith.
Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb
against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his! how
long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!
Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall
vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?
Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shall
spoil thee; because of men's blood, and for the violence of the land, of the
city, and of all that dwell therein.
Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may
set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!
Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and
hast sinned against thy soul.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber
shall answer it.
Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in
the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD,
as the waters cover the sea.
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to
him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin
be uncovered: the cup of the LORD's right hand shall be turned unto thee,
and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
For the violence of Lebanon shall cover thee, and the spoil of beasts,
which made them afraid, because of men's blood, and for the violence of the
land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it;
the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth
therein, to make dumb idols?
Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it
shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no
breath at all in the midst of it.
But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before
The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet,
and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on
my stringed instruments.
- A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth.
- O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work
in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath
- God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory
covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.
- And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand:
and there was the hiding of his power.
- Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet.
- He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations;
and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow:
his ways are everlasting.
- I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction: and the curtains of the land of
Midian did tremble.
- Was the LORD displeased against the rivers? was thine anger against the
rivers? was thy wrath against the sea, that thou didst ride upon thine horses
and thy chariots of salvation?
- Thy bow was made quite naked, according to the oaths of the tribes, even
thy word. Selah. Thou didst cleave the earth with rivers.
- The mountains saw thee, and they trembled: the overflowing of the water
passed by: the deep uttered his voice, and lifted up his hands on high.
- The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine
arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.
- Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the
heathen in anger.
- Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation
with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked,
by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.
- Thou didst strike through with his staves the head of his villages: they
came out as a whirlwind to scatter me: their rejoicing was as to devour the
- Thou didst walk through the sea with thine horses, through the heap of
- When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness
entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the
day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with
- Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the
vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat;
the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the
- Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.